Getting Connected to the Internet
Free or Low Cost Options
To fully engage in online learning (eDays), students need access to the Internet. If you currently do not have Internet access there are a number of Internet Service Providers who are offering special deals during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Here are some options.
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots (aka, the Keep Americans Connected Pledge).
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families.
- CenturyLink COVID-19 response: suspended data usage limits for current customers .
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time; current Comcast customers will get unlimited data for 60 days at no additional charge.
- Spectrum Free Internet offer for 2 months for households with displaced students, waiving installation fees and providing service up to 100 Mbps, and open access to their Wi-Fi hotspots. Call 1-844-579-3743.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: unlimited data to existing customers.
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.